5 Design Books For Advanced Typography
5 Design Books For Advanced Typography 💣
Courtesy of @vincentfileccia
📚🎨 I came across these books in my later years at design school and they completely changed the way I look at typography. For designers and creators looking to level up their typography skills, these are a couple of books I would 100% recommend.
These books are classics written by iconic designers who developed their own philosophies for using type. Whatever you’re looking to create, these books are extremely helpful in becoming more knowledgeable in the theory of type, layouts, and design systems:
1. Graphic Design Manual: Principles and Practice by Armin Hofmann from @niggli_verlag
2. Typographie by Emil Ruder from @niggli_verlag
3. Radical Modernism by Dan Friedman from @yalebooks
4. My Way to Typography by Wolfgang Weingart from @larsmullerpublishers
5. Designing Programmes by Karl Gerstner from @larsmullerpublishers
Bonus: 4 tools that may be useful in your designer way:
Crello — simplest online image editor. A simple but powerful tool to create awesome designs for any social media format — posts, covers, graphics, and posters using the best software on the web. It’s easy! A lot of animated designs.
Webflow — all-in-one web design tool that allows users to design, build, and launch responsive websites visually.
Funnelytics — an incredible tool that helps you build the best marketing funnel mapping.
Flowkit — allows designers to create frighteningly fast user flows within Sketch and Figma.
Be free to send me any feedback by reply or reach me in DM on Instagram