Choosing quality components, engineering the interaction between these components and creating a new instrument with cutting-edge capabilities and performance, is a practice that can make a product successful even in an apparently overcrowded market.
This is what we thought and put into practice when the DeeCert platform was designed, creating an “engine” capable of positioning itself in the niche market of “blockchain certification” with new and interesting features.
Let’s see them together.
First of all, let’s have an overview on the technologies that have been used, all of them already existing and some of them widely consolidated:
1. Universal Login
As a result of months of work by a development team led by Alex Van de Sande and Marek Kirejckyk, the UL protocol aims to make the access to the blockchain simple for everyone.
2. Ethereum Naming System
It is the platform used by UL to quickly provide each user with a personal address, in the form of a second level domain and therefore not subject to the complex procedures for assigning the main ENS domains.
3. Token erc-721
This standard of Non Fungible Token is now tested and perfectly performs the function of representing digital content, also allowing quite complex transfer modes.
4. Inter Planetary File System
We chose IPFS as the best tool to achieve fully decentralized file storage.
5. Sidechain of “layer 2”
We have built a bridge to connect a second-level sidechain with the Ethereum blockchain, so as to allow managing NFT archives even with very large dimensions, without sacrificing the speed and the cost-effectiveness. We are currently working with the POA Team to integrate DeeCert with their protocol, but we do not exclude the possibility of using other types of layer 2 in the future.
DeeCert brings all this together, and looks like a multi-purpose, high-performance engine, with features that make it capable to be integrated with a wide range of products.
Let’s take a digital file which can be of any format (text, image, audio, video): with DeeCert it is possible to store it on IPFS obtaining an encrypted URL, then insert this URL in a unique token erc-721 which will then be archived using a sidechain with POA protocol.
This sidechain will then allow you to manage the updates, deletions and transfers of the unique tokens, and — at fixed periods — to record all its contents in the main blockchain in order to acquire transparency, security and immutability.
The DeeCert engine lends itself “by design” to being used in a large number of production activities, building around the small adjustments which are necessary for the single B2B customer. Some examples:
- Supply chain
- Fashion (as a tool to fight counterfeit)
- Food (for products with guaranteed origin and/or with limited production)
- Automotive (luxury models, whose “pedigree” can be created and updated, as example: changes of ownership, maintenance and other events concerning the car)
- Entertainment (issue and management of tickets or events)
- Social networks
- Protection of patents and intellectual properties (using the timestamp associated with the file that is registered in the blockchain)
- Educational (for certification of training activities and skills)
These are just a few examples of the potential use of DeeCert which, thanks to the easy access guaranteed by the integration with Universal Login, also gives a nod to the “consumer” world.
It does this through the “EviDance” app, developed by the Deepit team to give DeeCert its first accomplishment for massive use. EviDance, which is already in the beta test phase, will allow its users with a few simple steps to:
- Register on the platform and obtain an easy-to-memorize ID, which corresponds to an address on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Insert any file into IPFS storage, obtaining the relative cryptographic URL.
- Create the erc-721 token which contains the URL of the file, the timestamp and the name of its owner.
- Manage the life of each token, through a proprietary sidechain which is structured according to the POA protocol.
Anyone interested in having more details on the EviDance product or on the possibilities of integration with the DeeCert platform, can contact us at email@example.com
Author: Mauro Baeli, COO @Deepit AG