Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy has been a therapeutic way to relax for centuries. It can help relieve tension, re-align your spirit, and rejuvenate your energy levels. There are many positive benefits to massage therapy. A skilled massage therapist can help you relieve this tension, keeping you healthy for both the short term and the long term.
These are some of known health benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Improves blood circulation, thus allowing increased oxygen and nutrients to be delivered to treated areas including areas that have been injured or have experienced overexertion.
- Helps to lower blood pressure.
- Aids in detoxification by propelling toxic waste products through the lymphatic system.
- Relieves stress and promote sense of well being.
- Relaxes injured muscles, reducing cramps, and muscle spasms
- Stimulates the release of the bodies’ natural endorphins which may aid in pain control.
- Provides increased exercise stretching for atrophied muscles.
In fact, increasing evidence show that massage therapy helps to bolster the immune system of a person. Some studies show of cellular changes in immune function following massage therapy, including the new research on healthy women that indicates increases in disease-fighting white blood cells and natural killer-cell activity.
Are you in pain? We specialize in injuries and have a variety of neck pain, back pain relief and pain management services including physical and massage therapy Pompano Beach, Plantation, Margate, FL USA. Our chiropractic and massage therapy Deerfield Beach, couldn’t have given us more proof of this. Call us Today (954) 422–1865.