CARS, CLOTHES, COMPUTERS & MORE: 50 COLLEGE STUDENT DISCOUNTS
Your student ID makes you eligible for thousands of discounts.
College students get special savings on cars, clothes, computers and more! Here are 50 popular college student discounts that apply nationwide. And why do we say “thousands?” Ask for student discounts at locally owned coffee shops, bookstores, restaurants and so forth. Remember that when you’re on the road, too!
Automobile Discounts for College Students
Save on cars, insurance and oil changes with your student ID…
1) Allstate Save 20% on car insurance when you’re a full-time student.
2) Geico Do you maintain a B average or better? Full-time students ages 16–25 with at least B averages can save an additional 15% on Geico car insurance.
3) GM College Discount Take $500 to $5000 off Chevrolet, Buick or GMC cars
4) Jiffy Lube Save 10% or $10 with your student ID.
5) State Farm Student discount policies vary with location.
6) Farmers Insurance Student discount policies vary with location.
Clothing Discounts for College Students
Most of the stores on this list offer student discounts in-store only. Target is a nice big exception… An Amazon Audible student membership might get you some clothing discounts too. (See “Miscellaneous” below.)
7) Ann Taylor Take 20% off full price items in the store.
8) Ann Taylor Loft Take 15% off full price items in the store.
9) Banana Republic Teachers and students take 15% off in-store purchases.
10) Charlotte Russe Take 10% off in-store with your student ID.
11) Eddie Bauer Take 15% off regular priced merchandise in-store.
12) Goodwill Goodwill’s prices are even lower for students! Take 10% with your student ID.
13) J. Crew Take 15% off regular-priced items in the store.
14) Juicy Couture Take 15% Juicy’s high-end collection of clothing and handbags.
15) The Limited Students, teachers and military members can take 15% off in-store.
16) Steve Madden Save 10% on awesome shoes with your student ID.
17) Target.com Save online! Search online for a “target student coupon” or sign up with a service such as EdHance.com to get a student discount.
18) Urban Outfitters Students can take 5%-10% off on select dates in-store. Sign up for their email list to get notification. You might also find a valid coupon for online purchases.
Computer / Tech Discounts for Students
Save on computer hardware and software at the stores below. Also keep in mind that software discounts could be available from your school.
19) Apple The student discount is 8% off (online and in-store).
20) Dell University Students get double discounts (up to $200 off) laptops and other computers.
21) HP Academy Store Students get free shipping and up to 20% off HP products.
22) Radio Shack Save 10% online or in Radio Shack shops. This requires signing up at the link we’ve included right here.
23) Sony Create a student account online at the Sony Store to save 10%.
Food Discounts with Student ID
Restaurants in your town probably have unadvertised student discounts. Don’t be afraid to ask!
The grocery stores, pizza shops and fast-food restaurants below often have student discounts of 5% — 15%. Policies depend on individual franchise owners or managers.
26) Burger King
27) Chipotle — Get a free drink with your meal when you show your student ID.
28) Dunkin’ Donuts
31) Papa John’s
32) Pizza Hut
33) Qdoba — Get a free drink with your meal when you show your student ID.
34) Sam’s Club Save big on groceries with a $45 Collegiate Annual Membership. A $15 Sam’s Club gift card is included.
36) Taco Cabana
37) Waffle House
Miscellaneous College Student Discounts
Fitness clubs, newspapers and Amazon.com are among our miscellaneous student discounts.
38) 24 Hour Fitness Talk with your local club about special pricing for students.
39) Amazon Student Free Amazon Prime trial for 1 year; includes unlimited free 2-day shipping with all orders and one-day shipping upgrade $3.99 per item
40) AMC Theatres Student discounted movie tickets every Thursday. Cinemark and Regal Theatres also have student deals at select locations.
41) Broadway in Chicago Ticket prices for students are as low as $14.50 for select performances.
42) Eastern Mountain Sports — Take 15% off hiking, skiing or snowboarding equipment and apparel with your student ID.
43) Cell phone service Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T offer discounts for college students. Ask at your local retailer.
44) Goodwill Save 10% on furniture, electronics, clothing and whatever else you buy at Goodwill.
45) JoAnn Crafty people, sign up at JoAnn’s to get a 10% student discount year-round. JoAnn offers additional savings to students throughout the year.
46) Newspapers The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and other newspapers offer student discounts on subscriptions.
47) Pier 1 Imports Save 15% in-store with your student ID!
48) Sam’s Club Collegiate Annual Membership $40 plus FREE $15 Sam’s Club gift card
Travel Discounts for Students
Travel to college, study abroad, or treat yourself to a well-earned vacation! These websites help students save on travel.
49) Amtrak Save 15% with your Student Advantage card or your International Student Identity Card.
50) Coach USA — CoachUSA serves many college towns. Save 10% on trips to and from campus.
51) STA Travel STA is a leading discount travel service designed for students.