How Much Should eCommerce Website Design Cost in 2018?
Modern actionable web design is an indispensable constituent for any website in 2018, say nothing of eCommerce projects. This idea seems to be quite obvious to those who are going to succeed in online business.
According to recent stats, 59% of online shoppers would rather prefer visiting eCommerce websites with great design than just simple.
However, it usually looks like terra incognita when it comes to web design pricing. Prices vary and so do numerous web design experts and agencies.
Here in this article I will try to pinpoint and elaborate on some pivotal factors so that you know the things to consider first and foremost.
First off, make sure you get everything but your web design prepared for launching an eCommerce store. The fact is that design is just one of the website creation stages.
Please, look at the visualized roadmap below that clarifies the matter.
The reasons why the design cost is high
Such economic factors as demand and supply significantly influence the price of web development services, namely web design.
In recent years, eCommerce has become very promising to invest, since retail online sales will reach $4.5 trillion by 2021 worldwide. No wonder why online business owners are ready to splurge on pricey web design to stay ahead of multiple competitors.
The second thing that counts today is the tech-driven disruption of webdesign techniques.
On the one hand, designers are equipped with advanced tools that allow them to make any eCommerce website look perfect. On the other, websites have become way more sophisticated in their architecture and functionality and it takes only seasoned specialists to handle such far-flung eCommerce projects. Moreover, building an eye-catching design for an eCommerce is not enough nowadays.
Ideal web design must contribute immensely to the CX improvement, which in turn delivers the greatest business impact, according to the Gartner’s latest primer.
Why it is difficult to find a decent web designer
When trying to find a web design agency or a specialist with relevant expertise, you may face many challenges. Choosing the right web design team for your eCommerce project is critical both for the budget and further website performance.
Let me highlight at least some of the most typical issues:
- Too many features and options you are not aware of before.
- Agency assures you they can do anything without even knowing your business plans and goals.
- You have no idea how to avoid unskilled web designers.
- You are usually offered too many unsolicited services.
- Quotes done by different agencies vary too much.
- You do not know what a ballpark price for web design services would be.
Whether you are going to deal with a freelance designer or a studio, all these challenges may put the whole online business at risk. To avoid this, let’s have a closer look at budgeting tips.
Things to consider before budgeting web design costs
I don’t really think there are people who would like to cough up extra money for nothing or, at least, if splashing out such a pile of cash on web design is not the case.
So to estimate a ballpark figure, try to plan all your further expenditures you are going to have on web design beforehand.
Here is a list of questions you should consider:
- Is this going to be a redesign or a brand new eCommerce project?
- How many pages like main, landing page, contact us, about, etc. do you need for your website?
- What kind of graphics is supposed to be there?
- Are you going to use any multimedia resources, for example, embedded video?
- Are there any additional features (calendar, calculating tool, etc.)?
- Any content management software to be integrated?
- Have you got a blog?
- Is ongoing support required?
Answering these questions will help you out to get a clearer picture and assist your prospective web design specialists in creating a viable eCommerce website.
Web design benefits for enhancing CX
Once you have realized an approximate range of tasks to put before your future web designer, it is high time to think how to drive better customer experience via appealing web design solutions.
To understand CX advantages can be fruitful both for online business owners and web professionals, since true web designers are also concerned about getting successful results afterwards.
Such collaboration may lead to long-term relationships and you will definitely find it handy when you need to customize or redesign your eCommerce website one day.
So how could you help a web designer optimize his work for better CX?
Letting him know the following things will surely streamline your website design.
- What is your target audience? Provide a designer with customer personas you create for your eCommerce project
- Analyze your close competitors’ performance. What their web design features would you like to get implemented?
- Discuss the source of popularity of the top players on your market. Let your web designer share his insights.
- Collect and measure the feedback of online shoppers who opt for the same product range as you are going to offer.
- Look through the Google reviews and specialized forums to know their likes and dislikes. Think how your web design can benefit from it.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this.
To sum it up, I would say that every eCommerce project is very specific, so is the customers it is developed to cater to.
Should you like to get more precise pricing information for web design services, you are welcome to use our free calculating tool below on this page.