PayPal OneTouch launched for all Yahoo Small Business ecommerce customers
Converting visitors to paying customers continues to be an evolving challenge for online merchants. And mobile devices — smartphones and tablets — only add to the complexity. While more than 50% of ecommerce visits occur on mobile devices, consumers still prefer to use their laptops and desktops more than 8 out of 10 times to complete their purchases.
By 2020, 50 billion devices will be connected to the Internet
But with this opportunity comes great challenges:
- Your store will need to handle different devices (tablets, smartphones, netbooks, laptops, desktops, etc.);
- Across multiple operating systems (IoS, Android, Windows, Chrome);
- And a variety of browsers (Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox, Opera).
Additionally, 59% of the time, a customer fails to complete an online purchase
Why so many abandonments?
PayPal’s OneTouch gives you the advantage you need
OneTouch radically simplifies how consumers purchase online with PayPal, through any device and with just one click — so they never leave your site. Online shoppers will now only have to enter their username and password one time, upon which they’ll be able to pay on any other participating merchant site without having to re-enter a username, password, credit card number, or shipping address. All their information is securely maintained in their online wallet so future purchases are simple, quick, and secure.
Early results show that merchants who offer One Touch experience increases in sales, average order values, customer adoption, and customer loyalty.
Get started with One Touch
Activating this new feature for your store is simple.
- Select Payment Settings from your Yahoo Store Control Panel.
- If you haven’t already done so, go to your Yahoo Store Control Panel and sign up today for Express Checkout.
Originally published at yahoosmallbusiness.tumblr.com.