Thank you for that article! ☺ May I append..?
Yet another childhood story
What came into my mind where several soccer coaches whom I’ve got to know in my childhood.
The bad ones
- Primarily interested in getting the scores, no matter what cost
- Lack of interest in his team members’ well being, both physically and mentally #empathy
- Not having an idea how to motivate his members (especially during bad moments in a match) due to a lack of proper connection to the individual players
The good ones
- Truly Leading the team instead of Bossing around
- Knowing each and everyone’s strengths and weaknesses and figuring out how to integrate those into the collective to finally generate the best possible outcome
- Seeing and communicating “the team” as more than just the players on the field but also those at the substitute’s bench, physiotherapists, water boys and with all due respect - the soccer mom’s. #holisticperspective