Senior Brand/Marketing Designer
Medium is a place for people to share their stories, ideas, and perspectives. We are looking for a talented designer to help tell the Medium story.
We are putting together a world-class Marketing team here at Medium. The Designer will report directly to the Head of Marketing and the Creative Director in this new role.
More on the role:
The designer will help create a visual brand that is clear and consistent—while also dynamic and evolving. The Medium brand should have a distinct personality and an intelligent sense of playfulness.
The designer will craft and develop this brand across diverse platforms—basically, every expression of Medium that’s out there in the world.
This could be:
- Designing a landing page for a new product or initiative.
- Helping the team come up with the concept for a national ad campaign, and then executing on the winning idea.
- Art-directing posts on the official Medium blog.
- Building custom email templates that people actually want in their inboxes.
- Designing presentation decks that will help introduce Medium to audiences all over the country.
- Figuring out how the Medium brand extends to business cards, t-shirts, and office signage.
- Storyboarding concepts for brand videos and web spots.
- Imagining a Medium presence at SXSW, or Sundance, or a political convention, or a press event in LA—and then helping bring it to life.
- And probably a bunch of stuff we haven’t even thought of yet.
Also, this is a full-time staff position, based in either our SF office.
Who’s right for this?
We’re looking for a designer with at least 3 years’ experience in branding, advertising, agency, or startup realms. You should move effortlessly between web design and branding, and not be afraid of doing a deep dive into illustration, typography, video, logo design, or working with copy.
The perfect person for this role is sharp-eyed and super smart. It’s someone who can think creatively and progressively about crafting a unique visual brand—and then possess the technical skills to pull it off.
On the tech side, you should know Adobe CS/CC and Keynote like the back of your hand. And you can design front-end sites that’ll look stellar across any screen or device.
Most importantly, you can help bring a brand to vivid life across campaigns, micro-sites, video, pop-up spaces, event design, compelling newsletters, and cool schwag—both on the internet and IRL.
Sign me up!
To apply, share a link to your portfolio and a little bit about yourself here.