This week, we bought some billboards in SF to promote the upcoming Sharethrough Native Ad Summit
Side note: the Native Ad Summit is on 7/22. More details below the photos.
So of course, in the standard Sharethrough way, we couldn’t help but design each billboard to be uniquely “native” to the environment around it.
If interested, here’s a deeper dive into the native ad market and why it’s the only long-term viable form of monetization for modern internet companies:
And if you’re not familiar with native ads, click here for a bunch of visual examples. Hint: native ads match the form & function of their surrounding environments.
Here are a few of the billboards in action:
(This one on 2nd & Mission is my favorite.)
It turned out that one of the billboards we bought on Market St was nearly entirely blocked by trees…so we decided to have some fun with it.
Keep an eye out for more…
We bought these billboards to promote the upcoming Sharethrough Native Ad Summit. If interested, details below.
Date & Location: 7/22 at the SF Jazz Center
• Me! (Dan Greenberg) from Sharethrough (I’ll be emcee-ing the event)
• Becky Brown from Intel
• Javier Farfan from Pepsi
• Tim Malone from North Face
• Erika Lamoreaux from Clorox
• Steve Patrizi from Pinterest
• Evan Hansen from Medium
• David Thacker from LinkedIn
• Tony Haile from Chartbeat
• Chris Pirrone from USA Today
• Sebastian Tomich from NY Times
• James Del from Gawker
• Moksha Fitzgibbons from Complex
• Kelly Andresen from The Washington Post
• Melissa Goidel from Refinery29
• Michael Brenner from Newscred
• Jason Harris from Mekanism
• Aric Lapera from Buzzfeed
• Dave Madden from EA
PS — thanks to our sponsors for helping to make this event happen. Yahoo, Refinery29, Newscred, Complex, and DailyDot all live in the future and know that it’s not about banner ads.