Restaurant POS Systems: Top Trends for 2019
A restaurant POS system is an integral part of your restaurant’s operations: it is responsible for billing, ticketing, billing and tax management.
It not only deals with day-to-day critical operations but also provides data for complete restaurant solutions. Like loyalty and CRM management systems, analysis and decision making.
Functions that are often overlooked in a busy restaurant despite being potential growth engines.
The POS system is essential for the operations of your restaurant. Its objective is simple: to facilitate the operations process by helping you with tasks that are usually recurrent. And be a central data collection engine that gathers data from customers and operations in a meaningful way. These 2 areas, in addition to good food (of course), are vital to the success of your restaurant.
And keeping up with the next POS technology trends is crucial. We are excited to see some interesting features that enter the world of restaurant POS Systems technology for restaurants from 2019.
Let us begin.
Less hardware dependency
Gone are the days when he relied heavily on bulky and ugly machinery that takes up a lot of space.
POS now comes in portable devices like a tablet or a phone. It also works on all operating systems.
Servers sometimes move from one table to another, use tabs to receive customer orders. It allows them to make better recommendations to customers: what are the most popular menu items or what is popular with other customers. In the traditional waiter-notebook approach, kitchens must be manually intimidated. In the case of the tablet’s POS system, orders are automatically sent to the kitchen. This significantly reduces the table turnaround and the order processing time. And data management is much easier too.
· Less machinery — less depreciation and financial costs
· Less clutter, low risk of getting obsolete
· Staying updated on the go
The Cloud Restaurant POS System
A Cloud POS system has several advantages. Here are the main features of a POS software in the cloud:
1. Always online: This allows you to perform updates from any location. You do not have to be physically present in your restaurant to make a critical change. Once the POS software is installed on your device, it will always be in charge.
2. There is not a large initial investment: instead of paying high configuration costs, as in the case of traditional POS systems, cloud POS systems work in subscription payment models. You can pay monthly. This reduces your financial burden and allows you to log out if you are not satisfied with the service
3. Periodic software updates: there is no risk of it becoming outdated since your software automatically performs software updates online when necessary.
4. High security and storage: Being on secure and reliable servers, your data is more secure than ever. This is a better bet than the local alternative where data is stored on local servers and runs the risk of being manipulated.
5. It also works offline: Probably, the best part of the restaurant’s updated POS system in the cloud is that it will also work offline. — Data is saved automatically when the internet is restored
Why does your company need a Cloud Restaurant POS system?
1. Quicker Operations
2. Safer data management
3. Works Online/Offline
4. Auto-updates to remain relevant (technologically)
Self Service Kiosks
Self-service kiosks for restaurants have been a growing concept in recent years. Built to increase the comfort of restaurant patrons, self-service kiosks allow you to place your order on your own. Unlike the conventional QSR configuration, in which you must queue and wait your turn. The interaction with the staff (sometimes tedious!) And place your order. Self-service kiosks are equipped with digital menus, easy-to-use buttons and self-service modules that eliminate the need for human interactions. The kiosks learn quickly and give you all the statistics about the important numbers, such as the most popular article, the specialty of the day, etc., which further enhance the customer experience.
In addition, by making use of attractive menus, you have the opportunity to cross-sell and increase the average value of your customers’ orders.
Learn how you can use data to optimize your online ordering menu here
1. Summing up the advantages of a self-service kiosk
2. It allows you to serve more customers and quickly
3. Improve the customer experience by saving them time and giving them control
4. Do not wait in long lines
5. More opportunities to cross-sell in a consistent and centralized manner.
Restaurant Table-side ordering
Customers can place orders from the comfort of their tables. Imagine you’re in a restaurant and you want to order that extra pint of beer and fast. Frantically waving a waiter’s arms but without success. Frustrating right? Now think about the order next to the table: one click and your beer have been ordered. Well, greetings (literally)!
The orders at the table provide comfort for both your customers and their servers. Customers benefit through easy order placement services. Whereas the staff benefits through greater precision in taking orders online. In addition, with more data, you will obtain information on which items were purchased additionally, at what time the items were ordered, which items go well together, etc.
Here are the main advantages of a Table Ordering System
1. Better customer experience
2. Faster kitchen intimations, less wait time
3. Low staff dependency
4. More customer behavior data recorded
Integrations with major functions
The best POS system is the one that can boost your entire business. And it works with all its key functions: analysis, feedback, loyalty, CRM. Boost your restaurant management system. Simple integrations make life easier for your staff in terms of training efforts. A quick and useful update for your restaurant’s POS system will be key for 2019.
Advantages of Integrations with functions
1. Single software solution for all your restaurant functions
2. Better machine learning
3. Easier to train staff
An upcoming trend to consider in 2019. We have seen that some fast service restaurants use biometric face recognition. In this case, all you have to do is smile at the camera and the software will fill in your details on the screen and the restaurant will present you with a quick profile: your demographics, your history of previous orders, your loyalty points, etc. In addition, there are very practical applications of facial recognition technology in the payment process. Imagine what you could do for your customer experience!
Advantages of Facial Recognition
1. Better customer profiling
2. Integration with other systems such as CRM, Loyalty
3. Quicker payments
In this article, we cover the key trends that we believe you should consider this year. This should also be taken into account when seeking to provide a better experience to its customers in 2019.