JBoss Fuse and JBoss Data Virtualization Integration using OData2/Olingo2 Camel Component
- Reading EDM, Service Document, Entity Feed
- Creating, reading, updating, merging, patching, deleting Entity Records
- Reading, updating complex and simple properties
- Reading, updating, deleting relationship links
- Performing all the above operations as a sequence in a single Batch operation
Thanks to the efforts of my Red Hat colleague Ted Jones, I was able to resolve some interoperability issues in the component we found when testing it against JBoss Data Virtualization OData server. As a result the component is now fully interoperable with JBoss DV.
This opens up another avenue for integrating JBoss Fuse and JBoss DV in addition to existing methods like the Camel SQL component. I was able to put this component together so quickly thanks to the Apache Camel Component Framework I have blogged about earlier.
Unfortunately some of the fixes from this effort did not make it into the Apache Camel 2.14.0 release, but will be included in JBoss Fuse 6.2 release coming soon.
I will be posting a demo soon that shows how the new Olingo2 component can be used to integrate JBoss Fuse and JBoss Data Virtualization to combine the awesome power of both platforms.
Originally published at rockablogbaby.blogspot.com on September 28, 2014.