All Iron Ventures: we’re hiring a Venture Portfolio Manager
Venture Portfolio Manager
All Iron Ventures (AIV) is the venture arm of All Iron, the family office of the Ticketbis’ founders, who sold their company to eBay in 2016, in what turned out to be one of the biggest success stories to date in the Spanish startup ecosystem. With a target of approximately €100Mn AUM, we are on the path to becoming one of the largest Spain-based VC investors.
We invest in early stage companies with a focus on marketplace and subscription models. We have a strong preference for revenue-generating and capital-efficient business models with the potential to become leaders in their segments. We mainly invest in pre-series A, yet we have flexibility to invest across all stages. From a geographic standpoint, we do invest in Europe, the U.S. and Latin America. Right now we have a portfolio of 30+ companies across diverse sectors.
We’re a small team with an entrepreneurial can-do attitude and the ambition to become a leading player in the space. We value and believe in hard work, humility, teamwork, communication, and good character and everything that we do is inspired by these values. We’re a startup ourselves, so joining AIV means not only working with startups and co-investors but also contributing to building our own venture at the same time.
We are headquartered in the awesome city of Bilbao and we also have an office in Madrid. We are well connected in the ecosystem and often travel to the main startup hubs located overseas.
Are you passionate about startups, technology and venture investments? Do you consider yourself an all-rounder with solid industry expertise? Do you want to work in a flexible environment with significant autonomy and responsibilities? Then, this is the right job for you.
As a venture portfolio manager your will take key responsibilities for all financial, operational and compliance matters related to AIV’s investment vehicles and their limited partners. However, you will also play an active (yet not core) role, working with portfolio companies as they too try to scale their own finance and operations functions. In addition to liaising with both investors and investments, you will also work closely with the rest of the team to develop company strategies in areas where you can leverage off your expertise. This is the first non-investment hire and as such will be an integral part of the business.
This role is a commercial, broad and part of a growing venture capital firm — positions at this level, in this industry do not come round often.
Tasks and responsibilities
Key responsibilities will focus on three areas:
1.Investment vehicles and their management company
● Coordinate, jointly with the investment team and an external service provider, all financial flows and administrative matters pertaining to the investment vehicles.
● Build models and perform calculations, at both investment vehicle and portfolio company levels, in order to to track realized and unrealized returns, establishing benchmarks accordingly.
● Prepare, jointly with the investment team and an external service provider, quarterly reports on the investment vehicles to be distributed to the limited partners and co-investors.
● Support, and increasingly own, all regular reporting and related communications with the European Investment Fund and other limited partners.
● Facilitate audit process through coordination with independent auditor and investment team.
● Assist with the monitoring of the day-to-day operations of the compliance, internal audit and analysis units, working closely with third-party service providers.
● Assist with all procedures and internal control systems in the area of money laundering prevention, liaising with external service providers and the SEPBLAC as needed.
● Solve queries and doubts from limited partners, maintaining a good and fluid relationship with them.
● Review valuation memos.
2. Portfolio companies
● Support the investment team in the execution of transactions by both identifying and summarizing key financial terms of said transactions and facilitating their closing.
● Coordinate, jointly with the investment team, the gathering of financial and operational information from the portfolio companies and build internal reports accordingly in order to track performance across diverse metrics.
3. Internal matters
● Liaise with third-party service providers as needed.
● Manage different issues of the management company.
What we are looking for
AIV is essentially a startup itself. Therefore, we are looking for someone who thinks and acts like an entrepreneur and is willing to take on above-average responsibilities. We provide a significant degree of freedom and expect you to be proactive, responsible and to have initiative, a “can-do” attitude and strong worth ethic and commitment.
We are looking for someone who loves and is excited about new startups, markets and technologies, as well as for venture investing.
The appointee will be expected to quickly grasp the complexity of finance and the peculiarities of venture capital and fund industries, and to increasingly act and grow as the first point of contact for the business in relation to all finance matters.
In particular, you could be a good match if:
● You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, accounting or related disciplines, and a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, ideally with a “Big 4” or equivalent background. Exposure to private equity / venture capital fund structures and their administration and accounting is a plus.
● You have very strong analytical and financial modeling skills, as well as relevant technical accounting expertise.
● You have an understanding of operational, financial & regulatory requirements pertaining to the private equity / venture capital industries
● You are fluent in Spanish and English (additional languages are a plus).
● You have great communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
● You are a team player with the ability to also work independently and with limited supervision. You have exceptional organizational skills and excel at attention to detail, multitasking and working against tight deadlines
What we offer
● A full-time position based in Bilbao, Spain.
● A competitive salary, plus discretionary bonus and additional benefits.
● The opportunity to join a growing venture investor at an early stage and to make a significant impact in its development.
● Work in an inspiring environment and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume with a cover letter and the links that best characterize your online presence (personal blog, Medium, Twitter, LinkedIn,, etc).