How to Get 10,000 Blog Readers with Profiling, Storytelling and Quality Content
How do you get 10,000 blog readers? It might seem like a difficult thing to do but it’s definitely within the realm of possibility. There are many online articles that attract that many readers in one day. Of course, an article has to go viral in order to get that many readers. It may also have to say something controversial in order to get people’s attention.
So if you’re not willing to go out on a limb to get attention, the answer is to try to get 10,000 blog readers in the long run rather than in one day. Keep your blogging strategy long-term. This will ensure that your readers end up coming back to your blog over and over rather than just forgetting about it after reading a certain article. Here are a few blogging tips that will help you to fulfil this aim:
Believe it or not, people appreciate quality. They appreciate it in the products they use as well as the articles or blog posts that they read. So you need to make sure that a blog post delivers what it promises.
- Don’t title a blog post “10 Easy and Effective Fitness Tips” and then give the reader only five.
- Don’t include content that promises a quick fix but will be detrimental in the long run. If a person is serious about fitness, they’re going to know that just eating salads and soups all the time isn’t going to cut it. So don’t tell them to do these things.
- Make sure that your blog posts are well-researched and meaty so that the reader goes away with something they’ll be able to use.
Make It Fun to Read
Fun doesn’t necessarily mean you have to throw a bunch of jokes into your blog. You don’t want the humor of your blog post to sound strained. You don’t want to sound like you’re trying too hard.
- A blog post can still be fun to read if it’s written in a conversational tone. So avoid jargon at all costs. It’s not going to make you look like more of an expert; it’s just going to bore people.
- You can also divide the blog post into subheadings which make it easier to read.
- Adding a few colorful photos also gives the reader some variety. When you look at the blog post yourself, you should find that it has visual appeal.
Everyone loves a good story. This is the reason why people read fiction books and go to the movies. This is why they watch TV, avidly waiting for the next twist in the tale.
You can make use of this in your blog. Come up with anecdotes and stories that you can tell your customers. They can be stories about you as well as stories about your customers. They can even be stories that involve your friends, family or business associates.
Every story isn’t going to be a hit but every once in a while, you may find a story that appeals to people and will bring you a lot of new blog readers.
Create a Profile
If you’ve ever watched a crime show, you know what profiling means. In those shows, they do it in order to catch a killer. However, you can also do it in order to increase your blog readers. Your readers might not all fit a certain profile. However, there may be some things they all have in common. These are the things that you need to take note of.
- Are they in a particular age group?
- Do they come from a particular region?
- Do they dress a certain way?
- Do they all work in a certain field like IT, non-profit, accounting, writing or HR?
- Do they have certain hobbies or interests in common?
Once you have a profile of your average reader, you’ll immediately understand what types of blog posts they’ll like to read and you can create that type of content.
Contact us for more great tips on getting more readers for your blog.