Hide, Skin and Tallow Auction Market

Greendyke street, Glasgow

Halfway along Greendyke Street, the four-storey, red sandstone building opposite the childrens’ playground is the City’s former Hide, Skin and Tallow Auction Market. The building was designed by John Keppie (1862–1945) of Honeyman and Keppie, architects in 1890 and was converted to flats in 2000. The panels on either side of the central former vehicular entrance record the presence in this street of an earlier market building further to the west. The building is listed at Category B.