Dimecoin Network Releases iOS Wallet & Android Update
Dimecoin Network is happy to announce that the Dimecoin Wallet for iOS has cleared Apple review and is now available on the App Store. The wallet can be found here: https://dimecoinnetwork.com/wallet/ or on the App Store by searching Dimecoin.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
The Dimecoin Wallet for iOS will not be available in China because it includes content that is illegal there.
Have you updated your Dimecoin Android wallet to the new 1.1.0 version? If not, you will want to; it gathers peers and updates the blocks much faster than the previous version.
Due to some security changes regarding the new wallet and the Play Store, you will need to do the following:
- Before you update your Dimecoin Android wallet, please do a Backup first using the “Back up Keys” menu and then an “Archive” (Example: send them to OneDrive).
- After doing the backup, delete / uninstall the old wallet and then install the new wallet (the new wallet will not update over the top of the old wallet, in the future they will). The updated wallet can be found here: https://dimecoinnetwork.com/wallet/ or on the Play Store by searching Dimecoin.
- After the new wallet gets a peer, keep it live until the blocks are fully updated.
- Once the blocks are fully updated, you should see your DIME and your transactions in your new 1.1.0 wallet. If you do not, use the “Restore Private Keys” feature in the wallet. This is found under the “Back up Keys” menu area.
If you need any further assistance, please go the the Dimecoin support group:
iOS & Android Wallet Features
- Local Wallet Storage -- Full control over your coins, and no remote third party can freeze or lose your funds.
- Simplified Payment Verification -- Only need to download parts of the blockchain that are relevant to your wallet activity, which drastically reduces sync time.
- Encrypted Wallet Backup -- Password protected backup of private keys using strong AES 256 bit encryption.
- Multiple Address Support -- Create new keys on the fly for better security, or to keep track of specific transactions. Label addresses to make them easier to identify.
- Address Book -- Save and label frequently used addresses to make it easier to send payments.
- QR Code Scanning -- Easily send and receive payments by scanning automatically generated QR codes.
- Transaction Progress Indicator -- Know when a transaction has reached a safe number of confirmations without checking the block history.
- Automatic Fiat Conversion -- Send, receive, and view your wallet balance in your preferred fiat currency. The conversion is made in real time based on current market valuation.
- Available Languages -- Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Esperanto, Spanish, French, Russian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Slovak, Italian, Hebrew, Swedish, Macedonian, Turkish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Dutch, Portuguese, and Polish.