The Benefits of Working With a Personal Trainer
Have you ever made a resolution to get back into shape? How’s that going?
Do you want to get back into shape, but are having difficulty finding the time? Do you have a past injury that makes you hesitant? Or do you have a sport you like to play and want to improve your endurance, strength and skills, but not sure where to begin?
Every person’s goals are extremely personal. Whether it be weight loss, injury rehab, getting ready for a wedding or even companionship; a trainer is going to develop goals that will lead you down a path to success.
Having a personal trainer at your side is the absolute best way to get the results you want. You don’t have to be a rich celebrity or famous athlete to hire a personal trainer.
Every single person can benefit from working with a trainer. Personal training is truly an investment in one’s own health and well-being.
Here are 14 reasons why:
- You will get results faster!
- A personal trainer will help you by assessing your current health status, setting goals and teaching you proper techniques and routines to get your body into the shape you want.
- Catalyst to working out more — Personal training is a great catalyst when it comes to getting into the gym and actually working out.
- Help you develop a routine — This will get you in the gym more if you schedule, plan and develop a routine with your trainer. If you try and schedule it yourself, a routine may never happen.
- Setting goals — A personal trainer helps you define your fitness goals, which was also mentioned in number 2. Goals are very important to set with your personal trainer, and keeping track in reaching them.
- Proper instruction to form — A professional trainer teaches you the proper way to perform each exercise movement in your routine. Learning how to perform exercises properly reduces your risk of injury. Proper form will also increase your strength faster.
- Specific workouts tailored for you — Personal trainers will create a specific workout plan just for you based on what you want to achieve.
- Motivation — When you exercise on your own, motivation can be difficult to maintain. But when you make appointments with a personal trainer and pay for your session, that will enhance your motivation to continue going to your workout sessions.
- Variety in your exercise regime — An experienced trainer will put you through a variety of exercise methods, which can keep you from getting bored.
- Efficiency — A professional personal trainer is able to make the most of your workout time, which increases the efficiency of your exercise program.
- New perspectives and new ideas on fitness, nutrition and health — It’s the job of the trainer to stay on top of new health trends and to continue their education to provide you with the best, safest and most accurate information to grow your health goals.
- Non-Judgmental Support — Each hour you spend with your trainer is an hour to focus on you and only you! Your trainer only cares about you and your success. The better you do, the better it is for him or her.
- Injury Rehab and Injury Prevention — Your trainer will teach you how to use equipment and your body properly so that you do not injure yourself. Your trainers will also work with you to prevent injuries in everyday life by helping you increase your balance, flexibility, and core strength. Also, a trainer can design a workout with you when you have an injury to keep you moving instead of sitting stagnant for months. This is all depending on the injury, of course.
- Sports Specific Training — Private Training is great for athletes, and even recreational athletes to get better at their sport. They know the best exercises to help you develop strength, endurance, speed, and agility for your sport.
Although this article has 14 reasons to do personal training, there are plenty more important reasons to train with a private trainer. But the main reason is back to number 1: Results! Working with a trainer will allow you to achieve the results that you possible cannot achieve on your own.
Dixon Troyer is the Vice President of Operations at 3 Elements Lifestyle, LLC., a Fitness and Weight Loss company that specializes in YOU!. With more than 15 years of gym and club experience, owning, operating and managing clubs of all sizes, Dixon lectures, delivers seminars and workshops on the practical skills required to successfully help you with your health and fitness goals. Dixon also helps you build the teamwork, management and training necessary to open your own fitness center. Visit his Web site at: www.3elementslifestyle.com or email at Dixon@3elementslifestyle.com or call 805.499.3030