Idea: App install advertisements in Snapchat Stories with swipe up to download (#3)
- Currently, video advertisements appear in Stories posted by people in the nearby area and other collections of videos by geography and/or event.
- There is no ability to interact with the current video advertisements, which appears to focus on education / branding / etc rather than a direct call to action such as to install an app or visit a website.
- Person A is viewing Person B’s Story, and Person A taps to view the next Story by Person B.
- Person A taps to advance to the next Story and sees a full screen video advertisement with text on the top about a call to action.
- Person A swipes up to see the app install screen and can tap “Get” to install the app. Person A swipes down and returns to the advertisement.
- Person A taps on the advertisement and advances to the next Story by Person B. Alternatively, Person A could have swiped down to return to the Stories list to select to view a Story by another person.
- Important to thoughtfully consider and measure relevance of content presented to people using Snapchat and what impact that has on how much people use Snapchat.
- Hopefully by letting users to skip the advertisement by simply tapping once will make these kinds of advertisements much easier for people to skip than scrolling and so perhaps that will enable people to get to the advertisements that they find particularly interesting easier.
- Perhaps with one tap to skip an advertisement then people may be open to seeing more advertisements than they would accept to see in a scrolling feed because skipping the advertisement with one tap is easier than scrolling.
© 2016 D.J. Sherrets