Scala Serialization Updated

I’ve just created a site on GitHub Pages: https://dkomanov.github.io/scala-serialization/. There I’ve put my recent benchmark results from the Scala Serialization article.

Things changed:

  1. Results gathered via JMH.
  2. Added benchmark for two-way action: serialization and deserialization.
  3. In JMH I use 2 threads instead of 1 (so, I check libraries in multi-threaded environment).
  4. Chill doesn’t behave well (sometimes deserialization fails with “Buffer underflow” exception, it is related to multi-threading, but I didn’t have enough time to investigate).
  5. Libraries versions are updated (boopickle, pickling, scalapb). Scala Pickling improved significantly.

Thanks to everyone for comments, pull requests and shares.