How I Don’t Give a Fuck!
My brother do not talk to me.
My kids only call me when they need something.
A pharmacist earlier today denied me in buying anti-depressant because I forgot my prescription.
My OCD vibrates in my face when I am having my compulsions.
I have many opportunity loss in business.
Some members of my team criticize my management style.
Some prospective clients are mocking our brand.
BUT I DON’T GIVE A FUCK!
My detachment to things started 15 years ago when I was looking for cognitive behavioral therapy as cure for my OCD but I ended up studying Buddhism and mindfulness.
Its not that I don’t care about people and my clients. Its more of organizing my thoughts and having focus on things that really matter.
Our thoughts always clutter because we are bombarded with a lot of stuff, the Internet, social media, smartphones, traffic and things around us.
We get stressed with every notification, comments and feedback around us.
So I practice slowing down. I came up with some techniques to not give a fuck:
- I embrace minimalism. I eradicate things that I don’t need, negative people and negative thoughts.
- I meditate and I am mindful. I think and contemplate before I act. I don’t encourage impulsive thoughts that lead me to pleasing people.
- I practice empathy. I put myself in people’s shoes and learn from criticisms.
- I value and revalue myself. I know what I can do and what i can’t do. I don’t easily get offended because I am aware of myself. I let go of my ego as much as possible.
- I practice integrity. Its about mind setting. I detach myself from things and I accept that all things in the world are temporary.