A guide to creating a MyEtherWallet wallet for DocCoin
To receive DOC tokens, you’ll need a digital wallet to store your DOC tokens. This guide lists a step-by-step process on how to create a digital wallet on MyEtherWallet, which can be used to hold Ethereum and other ERC20 tokens.
1. Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com PS: Make sure the URL begins with HTTPS instead of HTTP. There have been known attempts of phishing.
2. Type in a password of your choice and select “Create New Wallet”.
3. Click on “Download Keystore File (UTC / JSON)” to save your Keystore file. This file is necessary to access your wallet, and it will be saved on your computer. Select “I understand, Continue” to proceed.
4. Save your Private Key securely. We highly recommend printing the out paper wallet for safekeeping as this will be your backup to access your MyEtherWallet wallet in the event of losing the Keystore file.
5. To access your wallet, click on “Send Ether & Tokens”, select “Keystore File (UTC / JSON)”, Click “SELECT WALLET FILE” and choose your keystore file. Enter your password and hit “Unlock”.
6. Your wallet address is displayed on the right hand side and this will be the address you will use to receive Ethereum, DOC tokens or any other ERC20 tokens. You may send ETH to our wallet to purchase DOC tokens by keying in our address in the “To Address” field.
7. To check token balance, click on “Load Token Balances” and the whole list of ERC20 Tokens will be displayed on the page. Look for DocCoin ticker DOC.