10 recommendations to maintain a healthy life
When a person hears the word diet , he immediately relates it to restriction, scarcity. And when you hear the word ‘fit’, you will come to mind intense workouts within a conditioning center. Nothing further from reality. The term diet means regulating the amount and type of food .
Therefore, a healthy diet consists of feeding without excess and using quality products, away from white sugar , processed flours and saturated or trans fats.
A healthy diet contains all the macro and micro nutrients . The amounts are determined depending on the needs of each person. To establish a feeding table takes into account the size, age, sex and physical activity performed by his patient . It even analyzes the type of work. There are certain work activities that require a greater energy waste. And that ‘fuel’, in general, is obtained from carbohydrates: fruits, cereals, pasta.
A master builder will require a higher caloric intake than a secretary. The latter spends most of their time sitting in front of a computer, while the former moves from one side to the other carrying different weights. The word ‘fit’ is another that generates confusion.
Being ‘fit’ or in shape means being healthy . And how is that achieved? Simple: following a healthy diet, consuming plenty of water and doing physical activity every day. The suggestion of the World Health Organization (WHO) is to perform 150 minutes of exercise a week.
Clarified both terms, the specialists consulted by A full give a series of recommendations to maintain a healthy life, be ‘fit’ or without those extra pounds that cause disease and low self-esteem.
The Decalogue to be ‘fit’
- Maintain a healthy diet that contains protein, carbohydrates, fats, fruits and vegetables according to the amounts recommended by a specialist. An average woman , for example, requires between 1,800 and 2,000 calories a day. A man, on the other hand, should consume between 2 000 and 2 200 calories.
- Eat healthy fats : olive oil, nuts, salmon. The WHO suggests eating between 20 and 35% of total fat per day, of which between 6 and 11% should be polyunsaturated (with 2.5 and 9% of Omega 6, and 0.5 and 2% of Omega fatty acid.
- Drink between two and three liters of water per day. Avoid sugary drinks.
- Avoid products with high sugar content such as cakes, chocolates, milkshakes, cereals. If you want something sweet , turn to fruits . The recommendation is to eat between three and four servings of fruits a day.
- Perform exercise every day. Alternate activities to avoid falling into monotony: run, jog, lift weights. 150 minutes of physical activity a week are enough to maintain a healthy life . That figure can increase depending on the objectives of each person.
- Include products rich in fiber to stimulate the digestive system. A day is suggested 25 grams of that substance, present in the crust of fruits and whole products.
- Avoid processed foods , as they contain large amounts of salt.
- Rest . The recovery time varies between one person and another. In general, it is recommended to sleep between 7 and 8 hours a day.
- Set aside one day a week to walk through places far from pollution. It will help you get rid of stress and renew ideas.
- Prepare the food in advance. Cook the meats and rice the night before, distribute them in containers and store them in the refrigerator. This will save time and avoid eating whatever appears on the road.