Six Beatles’ songs to perk you up in the morning….
By Donovan Day
Want to get in a guaranteed great mood when you wake up in the morning? Who doesn’t, right?
Well, try starting off your day listening to these songs by the Beatles and you’ll be off to a rip-roaring start. (Notice that I’ve not included “Here Comes the Sun” (I think it’s played out) or “Good Morning, Good Morning” (not a particularly upbeat song IMO). But these…oh yeah…our baby boomer grandparents were onto something.
Check it out:
6) I’ve Just Seen a Face — A Paul slightly country-western tune that is just very fast paced.
5) Drive My Car — “You can do something in between…” Boys will be boys.
4) Got to Get You into My Life — If you have a crush on someone, this is the song for you. Great horn section to get those eyes open….
3) And Your Bird Can Sing — From the first notes on that guitar, we’re off and running with some delightfully wacky Lennon lyrics. Your bird can sing but you can’t have me. Okay….
2) Things We Said Today — What a beautiful, melodic song with some happy lyrics. It’s just a classic and, to the Beatles, a very minor song. You’ll find yourself singing along for sure!
1)Good Day Sunshine — Yeah, that’s the ticket…”I feel good in a special way/I’m in love and it’s a sunny day…”
Originally published at thebeatlesinourlives.com on October 23, 2015.