Tips for the Real Estate Agents to Run Effective Social Media Campaigns

Social media, as compared to the other industries, has always been slower in adapting much needed technologies that have been taking businesses to the next level. Same is the case with social media adaptation. At first, the real estate investors and agents tended to remain in old-fashioned mode. Some of them saw the potential and joined the tech persons to make their businesses successful. At that time, the use of social media might have been optional, but not anymore now. Today, if you are not considering the use of social media while investing in real estate, you might not even get viewed by many.

The situation can worsen for many investors now when millennial social media users are out there, and many of them happen to use these platforms with entrepreneurial approach.

Well, good news is that you don’t need to be a tech savvy in order to be a social media user. Much of the tech work is managed by automated features that are included in social media platforms. All you need to do is to strategize your approach and jump into the game with a tactic in mind.

Go with a game plan

The real estate agents with a little knowhow about marketing might start using social media with enthusiasm to get a break. After posting consistently over time, they start getting distracted due to less number of leads, and they finally stop paying attention to social media campaigns. This practice can be more disastrous as compared to not signing up for social media at all.

The best practice is to work on the quality of posts and stick with number of times for posting on social media daily. Remember, it is the quality that is going to bring you the leads, not the number of posts.

Pick the suitable platform

You should know about the social media channel that would give you access to the audience you want to reach. With that said, it is worth mentioning that every platform is different and it attracts particular types of people. For instance, LinkedIn is liked by professionals and Snapchat attracts youth. Similarly, the type of posts that work on one platform doesn’t necessarily work on another even if both platforms may give you access to the type of audience you look for. So, your choice for the type of platform should focus on the utilization of resources to get maximum return.

Effective use of social media

Remember, even if you are working on the right platform and you have access to the appropriate audience, it doesn’t mean that you will get sales often times. People do not connect to social media to get sold. They use these platforms to find their interests and to connect with like-minded people. So, the best practice is to keep 80–20 rule in mind while engaging with the audience. 80 percent of your posts should target people’s interest. With these posts, you will actually try to connect with the people. The remaining 20 percent are for the marketing purposes.

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store