What Do Startups Need To Scale And Grow? No, It’s Not Always Just Money.
“It’s easy to get into business — it’s difficult to be successful in business” — Rivers Corbett
Today on my Digital Leadership #breakthrough Guest — I’m talking with the amazing Rivers Corbett, who has been taking startups, entrepreneurs and businesses through the paces to help them all grow and scale.
Digital Leadership #Breakthrough — Guest Rivers Corbett 2017 09 13
Most entrepreneurs think they can do it themselves, but can’t — you may be good at something, but that is just a technical skill — it is beyond the technician side. It is one out of 100 skills that you actually need to start grow and scale a business.
Yes, this is the bitter truth — we think we know everything, yet many businesses meet in failure simply because of this reason — we do not know everything.
Professional sports players have coaches, yet most ‘professional’ entrepreneurs don’t… see what this all means?
They have the technical skill, not the business skills. You’re born a human, but you still need your parents to help you; you’re born a ‘technician’, but you still need someone or something to support you in your journey. Getting over the mindset that you can and must do everything to grow your business.
Watch The Video Replay Here
Key Points From Our Conversation
- Entrepreneurship is one of the most important aspects in society — in what they do and how they create economic value.
- Don’t just create to sell — need to create a profitable company, not just revenue
- Learn how to create value — it’s not just about Intellectual property
- Learn the rules of business and get to first base — grand slams don’t always win the game
- The Top of the top — top performing athletes have a coach, and have other people helping them — towards your overall success
- Most people don’t get coaches, because the price point seems quite high, especially when you’re starting
About Rivers Corbett and How To Find Him
Rivers works a lot with Startup Canada for the empowerment of entrepreneurs and startups across Canada.
Developing a special mastermind program to help entrepreneurs fill in the skills and capabilities gap.
The latest Tweets from Rivers Corbett (@RiversCorbett). Creating epic results for entrepreneurs, Entrepreneur in…twitter.com
Watch The Video Replay Here
Welcome to the Digital Leadership Facebook Live Series.
I’m Doyle Buehler, and my goal is to help you better understand and pursue what matters most in your digital business, and how to make a difference with your digital strategy through enhancing and embracing your digital leadership. I help enterprise and entrepreneurs scale, grow and disrupt their business and sales through digital leadership, and I’m the author of the book on digital strategy — The Digital Delusion. The overall purpose? To answer the one important question, “What Real world digital strategies actually work for my business?” Of course, there’s no one-size-fits-all, but the goal here is to help you decide which strategies can work best for you. There are 3 core categories that we go through as part of these Digital Leadership Facebook Live events
- The State of Digital, where I talk about specific ideas and insights happening right now, how they affect business, and what you can do about it.
- Digital Leadership Guests, where I interview an expert in the field, and discuss their strategies for success.
- The Digital Discovery “Strategy & Marketing Q&A”, where I review tools, answer questions or talk about specific challenges that affect you and may be holding you back.
I appreciate your time, ideas and insights. Please write a comment or question below and tell me what you think.
Ready To Find The Tipping Point Of Your Business?
I help Enterprise & Entrepreneurs scale, disrupt & grow their business and sales through Digital Leadership. The difference between a successful business and one that fails is razor thin. What side are you on? Where is your ‘tipping point’ to grow and scale, or stay firmly back in mediocrity?
What if it was only $2 that separated your businesses between success and failure? What if this ‘tipping point’ was something that you could actively identify? Find out what your tipping point to success is.