You probably know that Name matters, a Lot. If you aren’t there yet, read this great essay by James Currier Your Company Name Matters, a Lot
You shouldn’t ship your product with a Bad Name! So, what tools should you use to get a good one?
Those are 7 tools I use to find a good name:
- OneLook is the place where you should start from. It is very powerful dictionary that has advanced search options of over 18M words. You can use various patterns, like:
*winter*, an??s. I also, recommend using Thesaurus and Reverse Dictionary. It has an advanced filter, where you can define many parameters, like length, start with, sounds like, etc
- RhymeZone is another tool for searching a name. It searches for homophones, similar-sounding words, synonyms, antonyms and more.
- Sedo is a domain marketplace. Usually those domains aren’t free. But while typing keywords you can get many interesting ideas.
- Business Name Generator (by Shopify). It generates business names and check for a domain availability. This is a simple tool to make a quick search for any string query.
- Instant Domain Search another useful and fast tool to search for domains. It also suggests various alternative and also looks for alternatives to
- If you are building a game, or a whole new world, try Fantasy Name Generator. For example, this tool can be used to generate various product names.
- Namemesh Company Name Generator allows searching names and domains, by using 2–4 keywords with additional mask.
cool, app*, go??