How do you choose an IVF Treatment Clinics
There is no doubt that In Vitro Fertilization has evolved as one of the most successful technologies that can help the infertile females to have the immense feeling of “being a mother” and start their family. The rise in infertility among young couple has led to high demand for IVF clinics all over the world as they provide assured results.
With the continuous increase in the number of clinics, there are chances you may approach the opportunistic IVF clinic which takes advantage of patient’s uncertainties and vulnerabilities. Such IVF clinics will only leave the clients mentally, economically and physically drained. So there are certain things that you must consider while approaching IVF clinics for treatment.
Characteristics of In Vitro Fertilization Clinic :
While deciding on the clinic you are going to use you must look for some characteristics so that you don’t waste your time, money and expectations on anything undeserving factor. Some of the features one can look for in a clinic are as follows:
- People, their characteristics, and management:
An essential feature of the best IVF clinic to look at is, to find if the clinic has a professional and experienced staff. Which include:-
- An Endocrinologist — to observe the hormonal levels particularly during the phase of ovarian stimulation.
- A reproductive immunologist — to counter immunological complications which might arise during implantation and course of fertility.
- An andrologist and an embryologist.
- Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
- A reproduction surgeon — to fix circumstances like a hindrance in fallopian tubes.
2. Procedures, documentation, and data:
All processes should be mapped, using suitable flow chart methodology. The process map then forms the basis of descriptions of methods and how they should be done and what outcome is to be expected.
3. Equipment and consumables and supporting physiological processes:
All consumables that may come in contact with gametes and embryos have to be approved as non-toxic to embryos as well as supportive of healthy embryo development. All new equipment must be reliable in use, and tolerant of non-ideal conditions.
4. Quality management standards:
- There are various quality management standards like International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- ISO 15189 for accreditation of clinical laboratories (assuring that the lab is doing what it says it does).
- The guidelines give information for assistance and guidance to the lab staff and deal with all aspects required to provide a safe performance system for members in an IVF lab.
5. Choosing an In-Vitro Fertilization Specialist
Selecting an IVF expert is an important part of your infertility treatment. Infertility can be challenging and confusing. Approaching to an IVF professional and settling for IVF expert can be a tough decision for couples.
Following are some points which might help you in choosing the best IVF specialist for yourself:
- Professional experience.
- IVF expert who has a high success rate of In-Vitro Fertilization treatment.
- Respects you and treats you like a rational adult.
- Educate you about the process and your issues in the best way possible, so you have reasonable expectations of your IVF treatment. Also, he or she should explain the complicated medical language into a language you and your partner can understand.
- Tell cost precisely, also gives you the receipts for all of your payments, so there are no shocks later on with extra charges and other things.
- Understanding and listens to your wishes and create a treatment plan that serves for your case.
- Up-to-date with the latest advances in her field.
- Knows alternative medical care so that if you have any unusual case of infertility, he would know what to do.
- Is always available for any query, problem or emergency.
- Puts the needs of the patient’s first.