A First Look at Drive.ai’s Self-Driving Technology
Today we released the first public video of self-driving technology from the Drive.ai team. In the video, you will see our system navigating the streets of Mountain View, CA not only in daylight, but also in the rain and at night. These are conditions drivers encounter every single day. Any successful self-driving technology will need to address countless unpredictable situations and a wide range of driving conditions, yet few are able to today.
Drive.ai’s unique deep learning technology processes information and makes decisions more like the human brain does. Our technology allows us to scale to all kinds of challenging environments.
As one of the first startups in California with an Autonomous Vehicle Testing Permit, we are prioritizing our responsibility to develop technology that is safe in all conditions. Our team has the expertise to create the future of autonomous transportation. We couldn’t be more excited to share this first look — and bring you along for the ride!
Some highlights about the video:
- Fully autonomous driving during the entire video. No human intervention.
- Starting from 0:10 heavy downpour.
- 0:30 Narrow street with parked cars and glare from oncoming traffic.
- 1:00 Busy 4-way stop sign and a car (possibly illegally) cutting in front of the Drive.ai car.
- 1:50 Broken red light at intersection
- 2:35 Night driving with confusing reflections from the wet ground.