Mouth Ulcers Treatment
Have you ever felt a burning sensation in your mouth while eating and drinking or talking? If yes, then you’re suffering from mouth ulcers. Ulcer generally appears in the mouth, often an inner area of the lips. Also known as Aphthous Ulcers or Canker Sores, it remains painful for few days. There are different reasons behind it:
- Minor mouth injury
- Food sensitivity like consuming acidic food
- Allergic Response mouth bacteria
- Dental Braces
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Celiac Disease
Common causes of Mouth Ulcers:
There are different reasons for mouth ulcer causes. The exact reason behind this problem is still unknown. Consumption of certain foods like- citrus or acidic fruits are considered as a part of the cause. However, this doesn’t mean that you stop consuming fruits like oranges, lemon, apples which are good for health. In some cases, nutritional problems like lack of vitamin B12, zinc and iron deficiency can cause an ulcer. Apart from these reasons, these conditions or lifestyle choices can lead to mouth ulcer: Stress, Poor Dental Hygiene or any Skin Disease.
Symptoms of Mouth Ulcers:
One of the common symptoms of mouth ulcer is the burning sensation in the area. If you witness any painful sore inside area of your lips then it’s a sign of an ulcer. As mentioned above, there are three stages of ulcer:
- Minor: This can lead to a small oval or round redness over the area that gets healed in a week.
- Major: In this stage, the burning sensation increases and you’ll find it hard to consume food. Irregular edges over the areas will take 2–3 weeks to heal.
- Herpetiform: Adults are the one who’re attacked in this third stage of the ulcer. However, it gets healed in a week.
Mouth ulcer Treatment and Prevention:
For Mouth ulcer, you don’t need a complicated treatment as it naturally gets healed in a week. But if the pain doesn’t decrease then try out below mentioned home remedies for mouth ulcer treatment options:
- Add 1 cup of fenugreek leaves in 2 cups of water. Gargle the water 2–3 times a day
- Chew 5–6 basil leaves along with water for 5–6 times a day
- Consume nutritional supplements like Vitamin B6-B12 and zinc
- Eat raw tomatoes and also gargle tomatoes juice 3–4 days
- Apply a pinch of turmeric powder over the affected area
Consuming right food is highly essential for a disease free body. To treat mouth ulcers:
- Avoid consumption of spicy and acidic foods
- Brush with soft bristles and do regular floss to keep mouth free from germs and food particles that can trigger ulcer
- Try to avoid talking while having food because you may accidently bite your lips
- Maintaining a good oral hygiene is very essential.
Taking on-time precaution and treating the problem once you experience the symptoms, will certainly help in treating mouth ulcer. Such problems can be temporary but are very painful once they arrive.