Thirteen steps to get up – my morning routine.
This is is how I got up this morning and how I do it most mornings. It may seem mundane, but everyone does it slightly differently. I’d love to know how you get up and what works well for you.
- Sleep next to a toddler. They wake up like clockwork. Normally at least half an hour before the alarm goes off. If you don’t have a toddler then a general alarm clock works too.
- Give the toddler the iPad to watch some programmes whilst you have a little snooze.
- Slowly your eyes begin to focus.
- Promise to yourself that you’ll go to bed earlier tonight to avoid waking up tired repeating itself tomorrow.
- Check social media for today’s news and other general rubbish to avoid getting out of bed.
- Make sure you have a drink next to the bed to clear your mouth.
- Think through three things you want to achieve today. This provides focus.
- Get out of bed.
- Exercise. This step is optional. Normally I don’t take this option.
- Shower. It’s liquid sleep as Casey Neistat says.
- Eat breakfast. I like porridge with honey. Especially on a cold raining morning in Britain.
- You’re up and ready to go.
Let me me know what your morning routine is and how it makes you more productive.
Follow me on Twitter @mprior :)