Drupal Europe: Publishing + Media Special Focus
Digital Assets Management in multi-channel publishing environments
Drupal Europe offers up a plethora of cases and solutions to help you with your DAM integration.
With so much to organize and store, publishers typically use Digital Asset Management Systems (DAM) to manage their assets. Add multiple channels to the mix and you have big operational hurdles. Thanks to the Media Initiative, Drupal now has a well-defined ecosystem for media management and its architecture is designed to play well with all kinds of media, media management systems, and web services that support them. The system is highly adaptable — the media management documentation outlines 15 modules shaping Drupal’s new ecosystem for media assets.
The Drupal Europe program offers several sessions to help you learn more about solutions building on this foundation. Case studies of demanding media management projects around the publishing industry include:
- Miro Dietiker of MD Systems speaking about Drupal’s new media architecture and share his experience on integration with DAM’s. An early contributor to the media initiative, Miro’s talk touches on many projects of the media initiative plus a couple of specific adapters including Bynder, Elvis Media, and Flysystem
- Adrian Bateman (Nomensa Ltd) will shed some light on COPE (Create Once Publish Everywhere) with Drupal, based on the module external_entities.
- Thiemo Müller (Bright Solutions) will present workflows to share content and media across multiple sites using the Drupal Content Sync module for content staging and syndication.
- Wolfgang Ziegler (drunomics) & Dominik Pruell (Österreichischer Wirtschaftsverlag) will give a preview on their solution to ease re-use content for multiple sites, which they implemented at the Österreichischer Wirtschaftsverlag. This is based on the modules replication and contentpool.
- Lukas Fischer (Netnode AG) will show improvements for the admin interface and content handling. This content calendar module is to deal with drafts, publish dates and reviews as well as with planning, assignments and distribution of content.
- Ole Olsen (Digital Collections) will share his experience with integrating Drupal at the huge swiss newspaper Le Temps, a multichannel publishing environment. Note: Digital Collections is a DAM system vendor for newspapers and magazines. They have integrations with all kinds of publishing systems and can share their experience integrating with Drupal.
- Matthias Kretschmer (Desk-Net) will give us a 20 minute talk on integrating a dedicated editorial calendar with Drupal. This should help us understand integration needs with Drupal and tools used in the publishing industry.
Publishing & Media — Track Chairs