TEST STORY Update — Week of 9/23/16
It was a great week at the Smithfield Hospital ICU addition. Approximately 175 tradeworkers were on site this week and we expect that to go up in the coming weeks. Here are a few highlights from the week.
- the formwork at the 3rd floor west half of the building was completed
- reinforcing was installed in the 3rd floor west half
- shoring was installed at the first floor to allow the upper concrete floors to be installed
- steel studs were being installed at the perimeter of the first floor
- electricians were setting main electrical gear in the lower level electrical utility room
- sitework continues with stormwater piping being installed in the west and south parking lots
- additionally, the storm detention basin east of the building is being constructed
It is going to be a busy few weeks on the project. Winter is coming! Our team is pushing hard to complete sitework. Here is what you can expect in the weeks ahead.
- next week, both halves of the 3rd floor will be poured
- we will then move to the roof structure — anticipate that will be poured by mid-October
- exterior enclosure will continue for the next 6–8 weeks and we anticipate it being substantially complete in early December
- rough-ins for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire sprinklers will begin on the 1st floor in early October
- interior steel stud framing will begin in mid to late October
- the west driveway out to Highway 72 is anticipated to open to full traffic by November 15th
Here at Strong Construction, we are looking forward to our annual Veteran’s Day luncheon on the jobsite. If you’d like to join us, please contact Dan Cowell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This “rivet” post is courtesy of Strong Construction. Strong Construction values your feedback. Click here to provide your confidential feedback to Strong Construction or click on the icon in the header bar above.