Does this app make my phone a wand?
Here’s a way to classify some of the best apps today: they let you manipulate the world around you with a few taps. That is, they transform your phone into a magic wand. Here’s what I mean:
- Uber: touch your phone, a car shows up and takes you wherever you want to go.
- WillCall: touch your phone, skip the line at a concert and get in.
- Tinder: touch your phone, meet up with someone you’re attracted to (who’s also into you!)
- Square Wallet: touch your phone (optional), say your name, the coffee you just ordered is yours.
- HotelTonight: touch your phone, you have a hotel room.
- Lockitron: touch your phone, open sesame, a door opens.
- Postmates: touch your phone, tell it what you want, it shows up to you in an hour. Accio Taqueria Cancun
These are just a few examples of wands today. Certainly many more are coming and I’m excited to see them.
Are you building a wand?