Some of my favorite CLI tools
I don’t know how I would live without the following tools:
- direnv — binding environment variables based on current working directory.
- fzf — for quickly searching command line history and paths. I use the history keybinding ctrl-R to quickly find a previous command that I ran. fzf is really fast!
- (zsh) vi-mode — ever since I made the decision to use vim over emacs (mainly due to hand injury from emacs) I have found myself most effective using vi keybindings everywhere. To enable this feature, on zsh you just do `bindkey -v`or you can use inputrc customization.
- tmux— I love having a portable work environment. So I love being able to use tmux as my window manager for terminal sessions and having as good an experience via SSH as my normal environment.
- jq — makes working with JSON possible on the command line. It’s very fast.
- jo — JSON output from a shell. Great companion to jq.
I hope you found something new.