eLearning & mLearning: Educational App Development Best Practices
If you are looking for new trends in app development, you should pay attention to the sphere of education. No wonder educational applications are so confidently gaining in popularity. Every student now owns a smartphone, a tablet, or both. Gadgets have transformed from toys into very useful educational tools.
What is eLearning?
eLearning and mLearning (Mobile learning) — a kind of distance learning with the help of new technologies: educational apps, programs, podcasts, blogs, online tools etc.
What are the benefits of eLearning?
- It is flexible and mobile: it is up to learner himself to choose the time and place.
- It makes the learning process continuous — studying on the go and no limits within the educational institutions.
- Age independence — youth and adults enjoy benefits of lifelong learning.
- It provides quick and easy access to information.
- High efficiency. Information is more easily digested when presented in small and concise “bites”.
- Higher levels of motivation and engagement.
- Cheaper prices are accessible for people who cannot afford college tuition fees.
- Learning access for people with disabilities. So there is a charity aspect in developing online learning tools.
- Collaboration — communication with fellow students and instructors, learning communities.
- Has immense business potential, is both profitable and socially useful.
Review of the most popular educational apps:
- Online courses
- Apps for memorizing
- Supporting tools
- Apps for Exam Preparation
+List of main features
Read full article in the source >>