So You Want To Become A Professional Gamer?
You say you’re really good at League of Legends. You have more kills in Call of Duty than your peers. You’ve been living and breathing Minecraft since it was just a mod. You think you can get your parents to sign off on letting you homeschool for the rest of high school to get your game time in. You think you are ready to turn pro.
In order to get the gig, you’re going to have to practice many, many, many hours and get really good at your game. Nowadays, it isn’t even enough to be a great player or practice hard. Everyone practices hard, likely harder than you. So, you will need to be willing to go the distance and do what it takes to train, train, train with top notch players who are the best in your chosen field.
You’ll need good reflexes, a good mind for strategy and problem solving, and the ability to multitask. There is no course to take to become a great gamer. Nobody will care if you went to college or not. Except your mother who will weep every day from her broken heart.
Pros and the Cons of being a Professional Gamer
5 Tips To Get You Started As A Pro-Gamer
- Absolutely Know The Jargon — Not necessarily the first thing to do but it is one of the more important ones, know that there is a lot of jargon involved in multiplayer games, and it’s not just limited to Internet speak. Game jargon varies, according to the games you play.
- Practice, Practice, Practice — Many competitive multiplayer games today let you practice against Artificial Intelligence or Bots. It may feel like a boring task but even the karate kid had slow “wax on, wax off” beginnings. This is a good place to start since you will be able to select a difficulty and practice on easier modes before moving on to harder ones.
- Watch Pros In Action — Many pro-gamers allow the world to watch how they play live, made possible with live streaming on Twitch.tv or Youtube videos. Watching professionals play lets you learn how the pros do it, how their complex teamwork and strategies work, watch their key twitch and split decision-making in action, and more tricks that will help make or your break your gameplay.
- Find Ways To Prove Yourself — Try to participate in as many tournaments as possible. This is not a normal job and if you want to reach a pro gamers level you’ll have to be able to win some of these tournaments. Grind your way up the ladder and gain others respect.
- Search For Tips, Tricks & Tutorials — The internet is a great source to find out more in-depth things of just about any game. We’re talking about knowledge on the characters, their skills, their moves with weapons, their armory, the playing field and more. Once you learn what each character is capable of doing, you won’t get caught off guard so easily.
Read the full story here: https://www.easyuni.my/en/advice/so-you-want-to-become-professional-gamer-1272/