How is a startup like a teenager?
…because there’s nothing I love more than an overstretched analogy.
Here’s the list so far:
- Both are messy
- Both are (sometimes embarrassingly) earnest
- Neither really knows what they want to be doing in 5 years (/next year)
- They’re both constantly trying to convince their parents(/investors) they need some more money
- The money they do get they spend on weird decorations for their room and video games
- They can’t understand why the world doesn’t see their incredible uniqueness
- They hate meetings but love playing pool
- They are always im-ing each other
- They are obsessed with how much they’ve grown
- I’m going to add to this list as I go incorporating any comments I like.