How to Choose Best University to Study MBBS in Georgia?
Most of medical students want to go abroad to study MBBS and MD. Medical students want to get into the most prestigious institution they can. Choosing where to apply to medical school can be a challenging process. Georgia is a new destination for Indian students, Universities has 6 Years course.
Georgia Is a really good place to study depending on which university you’re joining. There Are some options available for you — most of them are recently started and not much practical experience.
But the question is- How do you effectively select the university? There are a few important things to consider when you’re deciding.
Here is a checklist that will help you evaluate potential university. Let’s dive in.
1. What is the academic focus of the university?
2. Determine teaching quality is to ask current students for their opinion.
3. Do check and gather information about what kind of research opportunities are available.
4. Is the city that the University is located in one that you’d like living in? Or has location never been something that’s negatively affected your day-to-day life?
5. Listen the reviews of current and former students. Are the students at the college happy? Have you researched that or asked around, perhaps by emailing current students?
6. Is there a line of successful alumni from the school? Check the University’s alumni magazine or alumni section of the website.
7. When you’re looking for a university, you must be clear about their application procedure and fee structure.
8. Is there any scholarship opportunity? Gather every information on scholarships available and try to avail one as it would help to ease a lot of your financial pressure from your shoulders.
9. You can choose your university without this checklist but if you consider this list you can make decision easily.
10. But I recommend you two really good and old one Universities to study MBBS in Georgia — Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) and David Tvildiani Medical University (DTMU).
#1. Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU)
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) is a leading medical university in Tbilisi, Georgia. TSMU was founded as Tbilisi Medical Institute in 1918 and became the Faculty of Medicine within the Tbilisi State
University (TSU) in 1930. Tbilisi State Medical Institute was renamed Tbilisi State Medical University in 1992. Since then, the University has operated as an independent educational institution.
TSMU is ranked 6279 by 4icu.org and 6427 by www.webometrics.info TSMU became one of the high-ranking state-supported institutions of higher education in the whole Caucasus region.
#2. David Tvildiani Medical University (DTMU)
David Tvildiani Medical University is the first non-governmental highest educational medical institution in Georgia established by Academician David Tvildiani and Dr. Dimitri Tvildiani in 1989.
The university has one faculty — the Faculty of General Medicine. The duration of the educational process lasts for 6 years. It consists of three stages: Basic Medical Science (2.5 years), Clinical Science (2.5 years), Pre-diploma Specialization (Clinical Clerkship — one year). The curriculum consists of single cycles each concluded by a test which affects the final results obtained in a given discipline.
#3 Akaki Tsereteli State University (ATSU)
Akaki Tsereteli State University is among the oldest institutions of higher education of Georgia with ample range of study courses as well as research sectors. University is among the country’s most ancient higher education organizations with a wide selection of academic courses and researching guidance. University is recognized World Health Organization (WHO) and World Federation Of Medical Education (WFME).