Worms in dogs
A dog getting infected by worms is nothing impossible. But fortunately they are not considered as a great threat like so many other major diseases that your dog can get infected. As a minor health issue you can easily treat your dog and get it back to its normal health again. Home remedies are enough for you treat your dog and eHome Remedies can help you in this manner. But before treating your dog you need to know what can cause worm in your dog.
Causes of worm affecting dog:
There are a few ways in which your dog can catch worms. Though there are different types of worms but the causes are generally the same. Dogs can contract worms from different sources which include:
· Soil contaminated with eggs of worm, larvae, or adult worms
· Contaminated grooming supplies
· Coming into contact with the stools of other dogs or cats with worms
· Passing of worms from the mother
· Ingesting adult fleas or flea larvae
· Mosquito bites
· Stagnant water from which your dog has drank
· Coming into contact with cats or rodents with worms
· Saliva of infected dogs
· Flea Bites
Home Remedies for worms in dogs:
Though prevention is better than cure, but getting affected you have no other choice but curing your dog. Worms are no major health issue for a dog. So, you can have a lot of home remedies to apply on your dog get it back to its normal health. Let’s have a look on some of them.
1. Raw garlic: Fresh garlic amazingly helpful for the digestive system and its potency is strong enough to ward off intestinal worms as well as their larvae. After your dog ingests the garlic, it will help to clear its intestines of mucus, which makes it less hospitable for worms to inhabit the system of your dog. Garlic contains a strong amino acid called allicin which will kill hookworms as well as roundworms.
2. Grapefruit Seed Extract: Grapefruit Seed Extract or GSE is an acidic supplement. Once it is in your dog’s digestive system, it will not only help to remove the mucus lining but will also help to terminate any worm larvae. The acid from the grapefruit seed extract makes the digestive system too acidic for presence of any worms.
3. Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth: Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is a very effective natural supplement that will be effective in terminating any adult worms present, save for tapeworms. After the removal of the adult worm population, the breeding process is interrupted and soon your dog will become free of worms.
4. Black Walnut Hulls: Black walnut hulls not only common but also highly effective in treating tapeworms. The high acidic content in black walnut hulls helpful for killing and expelling any tapeworms, eggs, and larvae present. The recommended dosage is 1 capsule per 20 pounds of body weight.
5. Ground Pumpkin Seeds: For treating worms in dogs raw pumpkin seeds are very common. They are not only helpful to expel any worms, larvae, and eggs present, but they can also help to prevent worms from occurring.
Worm can affect your dog and that’s nothing to be scared of. All you need to do is apply the right remedy and your dog will be healthy again as before.