A couple of weeks ago we released version 1.2.0 with new features. Since then, we have focused mainly on improving the usability of the application. Basically, our problem was that we were loading a lot of data on each request and therefore there were delays when loading the pages. We have been looking deeply at these problems and came out with a solution, but we also had time to incorporate some improvements and fix some bugs. Keep reading to know what’s new in ElasTest 1.3.0!
- In the Projects section, only the id and name of the projects are brought from the backend instead of bringing all their data.
- In the section of a specific Project, up to four times the complete object was being requested from the backend. In this new version we request just what is necessary.
- Now in the section of a specific TJob the executions are paginated.
- Dashboard section: The Show All button has been replaced by Show 12 more.
- The spinner is not shown when new information is obtained.
- Now the executions loaded at the beginning are not reloaded again.
We know these probably are things that we should have considered from the beginning, however our resources are limited. Nevertheless, we’re continuously seeking for external contributors to overcome this limitation ;)
Other Improvements and Functionalities
In addition to the usability improvements, we have included some specific features that will make day-to-day usage of ElasTest much more appealing. Check them out!
- The maximum number of executions can now be configured in the TJobs.
- A new section has been added: Manage Elastest. Here you can view the status, the general info and the logs of the containers of the core components of ElasTest, as well as the version that is being used. In singlenode mode you can also manage Elasticsearch indexes.
- For Sut with external Elasticsearch, the user is now allowed to indicate a list of fields with a list of values by which to filter to save the traces.
- Monitoring traces are now removed when deleting a TJobExecution, TJob, Sut, SutExecution or Project (the entire index in Elasticsearch for singlenode mode OR the data in Mysql for mini mode)
- Elasticsearch has been updated to version 6.6.1 (for singlenode mode)
- Now a message is displayed while logs are loaded in LogAnalyzer
- Stop Session button added to WebBrowsers for live sessions.
- For testing with Web Browsers from outside ElasTest it is now possible to set a timeout to end the session automatically if you do not interact with the browser through selenium after the specified time. To do this, it is necessary to make use of the custom capability elastestTimeout.
- For Jenkins TJobs the Jenkins icon is now shown instead of the edit pencil.
- Fixed the bug that when running several TJob Execs that use EUS showed all sessions within an execution, instead of only showing the corresponding ones.
- Some minor bugs have been fixed in LogAnalyzer. Among them it’s worth mentioning that it didn’t show the full height of a trace that contained line breaks.