Random notes from a CASA (1)
Push him @ needing to earn extra positives.
Invited to a pool party on Saturday
- not allowed to go
- needs to be kind & listen to adults in charge
- through school — not clear if classmate invited him or if school sponsored
- school said if he were to go would need to be closely supervised and not possible… so…
Behavior issues: going into other kids rooms, taunting them, throwing things @ them
staff very frustrated — not responding to limits & structure; they’re feeling powerless
Does better with better behaved kids (what a revelation)
How does this impact our time?
- should we hold off on shopping trip together?
- yes? not sure. up to me.
- concerned about not learning correlation between behavior with some people and how it may effect other relationships —
- he saved up for iPod touch
unaware — no socialization — “how i treat other people impacts things”