- Not Writing.
- Not writing until they have created the perfect writing nook/space to write.
- Not writing until they can set aside the perfect dedicated two or three hour time slot and commit to doing so every day.
- Not writing until the book is perfectly plotted and outlined down to the last detail.
- Not writing because they’re rewriting that one paragraph they already wrote over and over and over again.
- Not writing because they’ll only write if they can write something perfect the first time.
- Not writing because they think their ideas are stupid.
- Not writing because they think their idea has been done before.
- Not writing because they’re creating the perfect marketing plan for a book that doesn’t exist yet.
Elizabeth Andre is the author of numerous works of fiction including the Lesbian Light Reads series and Tested: Love, sex, and friendship in the Shadow of HIV. She thinks you should write your novel already.
Link includes Amazon affiliate codes. Thanks for clicking.