2019 has been a big year so far at Greycroft. We celebrated our first IPO (TheRealReal led by Julie Wainwright), our 10th annual Greycroft Summit, as well as numerous acquisitions within the portfolio (including MapAnything by Salesforce, and Teem and Managed by Q by WeWork). To date, we’ve made 17 new core investments this year across our early stage and growth funds and we remain active.
We are looking to add an exceptional new individual to the team in New York to continue this momentum and build for the future. We look forward to hearing from you!
Opening for an Early Stage Investment Associate (pre-MBA). This is 2 year position.
LOCATION: New York City
REPORTS TO: Partner
Greycroft is a seed-to-growth venture capital firm that partners with exceptional entrepreneurs to build the world’s most transformative companies. We have deep experience investing in consumer and enterprise technology sectors around the globe. We value building enduring relationships with founders and appreciate that they want more than just capital. Greycroft works as a team to support and advise entrepreneurs, empowering them to execute on their vision. We manage more than $1 billion in capital and have made over 200 investments, including Acorns, App Annie, Axios, Bird, Boxed, Braintree, Buddy Media, Huffington Post, Icertis, Plated, Scopely, Shipt, TheRealReal, Thrive Market, Trunk Club, and Venmo. For more information please visit http://www.greycroft.com.
- Evaluate potential investments in early stage companies through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising documents, investment memos, and investor updates
- Manage/document meetings with entrepreneurs, portfolio company management meetings, and general deal flow
- Represent Greycroft at industry events/conferences and support the local entrepreneurial community through active involvement
- 1–3 years of relevant experience, including but not limited to: investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, technology / startups (preferably in product management / engineering)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Polished abilities with Excel and PowerPoint
- Authentic passion for technology industries and deep respect for entrepreneurship
- A demonstrated interest in the technology and startup community
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with incomplete data
Other open roles at Greycroft in New York:
Senior Associate opening for our Albertson’s fund
Our process starts with having candidates submit three short written answers along with resumes. These will be due by end of day October 9th.
From the initial submissions we select a smaller group for telephone interviews and then a set of finalists for in-person meetings. We expect the process to be finished by the end of October or early November, and candidates should be available to start work soon thereafter.
Here are the questions:
Question 1: Why are you interested in the associate role at Greycroft? [max 150 words]
Question 2: What private company should Amazon, Uber, or Slack (choose one buyer) acquire next and why? [max 250 words]
Question 3: What is an early-stage company Greycroft should evaluate for investment (less than $20MM of capital already invested) and why do you find it interesting? [max 250 words]
Please submit your written answers to the above via this form.
Greycroft LP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.