Falling off the Weight Management Wagon and 2018 New Year’s Resolutions
In late 2017, I started talking about my weight loss journey a bit more publicly. Well this is a public admission of falling off the wagon. The new year is a great opportunity to get back on track. I could offer a bunch of excuses (new Weight Watchers Freestyle program is anything but freeing for me; this time of year leaves me cranky; surgery disrupted things for past bit; … [I could keep going]).
Fundamentally though, I fell into the deadliest combination:
“The deadliest combination, therefore, occurs when an impulsive person with a high food reward sensitivity lives in an environment that’s bursting at the seams with highly rewarding foods.” — Stephan Guyenet, “The Hungry Brain” (p 68)
But I need to get back on track.
2018 New Years Resolutions
- Get back on track food and eating wise
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Maintain aerobic exercise levels (7x week/30+ minutes)
- Reintroduce regular (at least 1x/week) strength training
- Continue limiting mobile use (See: Bored and Brilliant Challenge)
- Try to read 1 book/week (did 45 in 2017)
- Spend more time with friends and family (including hosting more games days)
- Be mindful that happiness is lots of little things done for yourself over time that add up.
It is not 18 or 34 items but they are what I plan to work on in 2018.