Top 10 Video Converters for Mac
With the presence of multiple video formats you may decide to convert your video from one format to another so that you can be able to play it on certain devices or due to its file size. Therefore, you need to have a video converter on your Mac. This article, therefore, outlines some of the top 10 video Converters for Mac including the famous iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe.
iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac software helps users convert any video, audios, and DVS files into different formats such as MOV, MP4, FLV, M4V and much more output formats. It supports conversion of almost 150 formats, and new formats are added with the introduction of advanced versions. Apart from the video conversion function, the software is also a DVD ripper, DVD banner, and a DVD backup.
Key features of Video Converter for Mac:
· The application is easy to use due to its user-friendly interface thus no experience is needed to use it.
· It offers an option to edit your videos before conversion. For instance, it allows users to rotate trim and crop the videos.
· It allows you to download your favorite videos from online websites such as Facebook, Break, and YouTube and play them on portable devices.
· It converts videos and audios into different formats while maintaining the original quality of the videos. The supported formats include AVI, MP4, MOV, NUT, NSV, WebM, MKV, M2TS, TS, VOB, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, MP3, AIFF, WAV, plus others.
· Perfectly compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Mavericks, 10.9 Yosemite, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion.
Step-by-Step guide on how to convert videos:
Step 1: Add video files
Download and install Video Converter for Mac, launch it on your Mac. Then drag and drop the videos that you want to convert into the program’s interface. Alternatively, you can go to the (File) menu and click “Load Media Files.” You will be able to select all the files you want to add.
Step 2: Edit files (Optional)
If you want to edit your videos before converting, just click the “Edit” button. You will be able to trim, crop, rotate or use other editing options.
Step 3: Select the output format
Navigate to the bottom and select the output format. At the “output” option, you will find various format like Videos, Audios and Devices. Choose the format that is compatible with Mac for instance MP4 or MOV format under videos.
Step 4: Convert Videos
After selecting the location to save the files, hit the “Convert” button to begin the conversion process in a selected folder.
2. MacX Video Converter Pro
MacX Video Converter Pro is a professional video converter for Mac. It supports video conversion in Mac OS X El Capitan. It has more than 50 audios and more than 320 video codec to convert formats such as MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, etc. on Mac (MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, etc.). More so, it supports more than 350 devices including iPhone, iPad and Samsung Galaxy s6 among others.
• It is the first video converter for Mac to use Intel’s Quick Sync Video hardware acceleration tech to offer the world’s fastest Mac video conversion speed (5 times fasters than others).
• It supports free download of video, movie, and music from more than 300 sites.
• It has additional features such as camera/screen recorder, slideshow maker, and video editor
- It does not support the DVD ripping function
Official Site: https://www.macxdvd.com/mac-video-converter-pro/
3. Aiseesoft Mac Video Converter
Aiseesoft Mac Video Converter converts videos from 2D video to 3D videos with a variety of 3D options. It handles various file formats such as AVI, MOV, MP4, and MKV. Additionally, it supports Mac (El Capitan) software for iPhones iPods, Apple TV and PSP.
• It can convert a huge number of video formats on Mac operating system.
• It can change 2D to 3D with multiple 3D options.
• Users have to upgrade to the latest version to get the video download feature.
- It supports several popular video formats such as FLV are not supported.
Official Site: http://www.aiseesoft.com/video-converter-for-mac.html
It is a free video converter for Mac. It is popular due to its free DVD ripper. It is one of the best freeware for transcoding numerous video types into MP4 or MKV for iOS and Android devices. It works on Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.12
• It is 100% free software for Mac OSX video conversion
• It integrates DVD ripper into its conversion version
• It has a high conversion speed, and the original quality is preserved
• It only supports MP4 and MKV output formats
- Cannot download online videos
Official Site: https://handbrake.fr/
5. iFunia Video Converter
iFunia Video Converter converts SD/HD videos in Mac El Capitan from and to numerous formats such as AVCHD MTS, M2TS, H.264/AVC, HD MOV, AVI, etc. it also supports DVD ripper to convert VOB, DVD and ISO image to common audio video formats. It supports Mac OS X El Capitan.
• It converts DVD files
• Converts videos from any format to 3D
• It does not support some devices such as iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.
- It lacks some features such as the online video download function.
Official Site: http://www.ifunia.com/video-converter-mac.html
6. Movavi Video Converter
It is one of the best video converters for Mac, and it supports more than 200 devices including iPad, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Sony. Google Nexus, PlayStations, and Android devices. It functions well with Mac OS x 10.6.
• It has additional features such as video joining, batch processing, soundtrack, and DVD ripping.
• It supports fast conversion speed with no quality loss.
- It lacks some features such as the ability to burn DVDs and ability to download online videos.
Official Site: https://www.movavi.com/videoconvertermac/
7. Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate for Mac
It is a multinational video converter for Mac OS X with the ability to convert almost all video formats Such as MPEG, WMV, FLVA, and AVI in HD/ SD resolutions. It also supports video conversions from standards to 3D videos. It supports Mac OS X v10.6–10.11(EI Capitan).
• Supports 3D and 2D conversions
• High editing features such as clipping, editing, crop, and trim.
• It does not offer a subtitle option for videos
- It is too expensive compared to its limited functions
Official Site: http://www.xilisoft.com/video-converter-mac.html
8. ImTOO Video Converter
ImTOO Video Converter supports video conversion for iOS and Android devices with Mac operating systems, and it supports Mac video conversion from 2D to 3D and 3D to 3D. It works well in Mac OS X El Capitan.
• Converts video from 2D to 3D on Mac computers
• It has a variety editing features
• It supports video conversion in popular mobile devices.
- It does not support Internet video downloads
Official Site: http://www.xilisoft.com/video-converter-mac.html
9. Leawo Video Converter for Mac
Leawo converts almost 150 video formats in Mac for hot ios devices and android phones. An additional feature is that it can convert video to MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and iMac. It supports Mac 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.9 Mavericks.
• It converts 2D videos to 3D movies
• Fast conversion with zero quality loss
It does support the latest Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan.
Official Site: http://www.leawo.com/video-converter-ultimate-mac/
10. Pavtube Video Converter for Mac
It converts any SD/HD videos such as WMV, MP4, WMVs to different standard files in media players, game consoles, mobile devices and editing programs. It works well with Mac OS X El Capitan and older Mac versions.
It supports video conversions to various editing programs such as Avid, Adobe Premiere, etc.
It is not compatible with some devices such as iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S plus.
Official Site: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac