Emercoin Secure Wallet 1.0
More combined Emercoin/Bitcoin wallets from Aspanta are available now! Emercoin SW is a lightweight and secure client app for mobile and desktop devices. Unlike the already announced Emercoin One/Basic, it stores keys locally and uses the Electrum protocol. The app can be protected with a six-digit PIN code or, on iOS, a fingerprint.
On the mobile version, you will have to spend some time during installation creating and confirming a 12-word seed phrase. It’s critical to write it down by yourself and store it in a secure place, as it’s your wallet’s private key. If you lose your phone, the key will allow you to restore access to your wallet. You can also use the seed phrase to access the wallet from several devices at the same time.
In addition, the developer added Emercoin support to the ElectrumX server, which allows you to create your own Emercoin Secure Wallet server starting with version 1.2.1.
To sum up, Emercoin Secure Wallet:
- Is a beautiful, handy, secure, and lightweight wallet based on the Electrum protocol,
- Allows you to manage your bitcoins and emercoins from one app,
- Stores keys on the device, with only the transaction signature going online, and
- Runs on iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
On the mobile version, you can:
- Update the list of transactions by swiping down,
- Switch between Emercoin & Bitcoin by swiping right/left,
- View wallet address recalculation progress when launching the app,
- Choose your own Bitcoin & Emercoin Electrum server, set the addresses for receiving change, and reset the PIN code,
- Reset the wallet to its original state by logging out. You can then create a new wallet or restore an old one. In the latter case, you’ll need the seed phrase that you — hopefully! — wrote down before.