How to Hear Alexa Flash Briefing on Your Phone
You don’t need an Amazon Echo.
Afraid of being spied on by an Echo? Still holding out? (You must know that Facebook spies on you more than Jeff Bezos ever will.) It’s okay — you can still get in on the goodness of Flash Briefing with your smartphone. Here’s how:
- Download the Amazon Mobile App if you don’t already have it.
2. Open the Amazon app. On the home screen, tap the circle icon on the top right under the cart (or wherever it is for Android- look for the little circle).
3. Now you can activate Alexa. (Give Amazon microphone permissions in your settings).
4. Test Flash Briefing playback: Say “Alexa, Flash Briefing.” If you have already added some briefings, they will play. Enable this one first, then try this step.
5. Test other Alexa skills: Enable this marketing podcast skill then tap the circle to activate Alexa and say, “Alexa, play marketing podcast.”
About Flash Briefing:
Alexa delivers news and content from popular broadcasters, local weather information, and more through Flash Briefing, a customizable series of short audio segments. It’s GREAT.
Here’s a video on why you should create a Flash Briefing for your brand or business.