I had written a nice post on Spare Time. But evidently during the recent Blogger outage, I lost it. Blogger had claimed they would restore the post but I guess not. So here’s an attempt to recreate the post . . .
But in ten colorful bullets. =]
- Spare time exists. Really.
- No one works all the time. It’s not expected. And I think it’s impossible to work all the time.
- Spare time is any time spent not being productive: interweb browsing, facebooking, youtubing, relaxing at a park, watching a movie, other forms of procrastination, etc.
- I sometimes get mad at people’s excuses for not having time to hang out. But I shouldn’t be mad at them. What I find fun may not be fun to them and vice versa.
- People spend their spare time differently.
- It is only a problem when people are unintentionally wasting their spare time. I’m guilty of spending my spare time unintentionally — I’m on youtube all the time . . .
- Think back to all the things you did today. Was what you did all productive? See, spare time exist. You can’t deny it.
- Imagine you could harvest that spare time into one time block. And then, intentionally spend it. You’d be a master of time!
- So next time you think you don’t have time for something, ask yourself: do you really not have time?
- What I’m trying to say is that spare time exist. Take advantage of it and spend it intentionally.
(In the original post, each bullet point was a different color. However, medium doesn’t allow for color editing . . .)
Originally published at blog.ylimelam.com on May 16, 2011.