Who We Are
I.G. Advisors is a strategy consultancy that bridges the gap between fundraisers, corporates and philanthropists to maximise impact. We work closely with our clients and partners to deliver innovative and practical strategies effectively, seamlessly and sustainably.
We have built I.G. Advisors as a unique organisation that is able to understand and speak the language of all stakeholders and is therefore better positioned to deliver effective, sustainable funding strategies. We engage on a personal, human level across the ecosystem, cross-pollinating expertise and supporting our clients in navigating their own journey to long-term success. Those clients include individuals, foundations, companies, charities, not-for-profits, and social enterprises in a wide range of areas including women and girls, global health, international development, human rights, education, sport for development, and the arts. Past and current clients include: The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, DLA Piper, Primark, The Old Vic Theatre, Scope, Adobe, UNICEF, Save the Children and many others.
We are a mission-driven firm that is deeply dedicated to effective social impact. We have a personal interest and deep commitment to strengthening the sector, and empowering catalytic projects within it. We’re a certified B Corp and our values underpin everything we do:
· We are Dynamic: We move fast with care and bring energy and enthusiasm to all we do.
· We have Integrity: We have a fundamental responsibility to be honest, ethical and true to our values.
· We are Performance Driven: We aim to deliver the best work for our clients, partners and each other.
· We are Challenging: We won’t settle for the status quo. We constantly push our clients, and ourselves, to do better.
Who You Are
We are currently seeking an Advisor to join our growing team. The role of Advisor is dynamic, exciting, varied, intense and constantly evolving.
Our goal at I.G. Advisors is to go above and beyond expectations, delivering innovative, completely unique, ambitious, tailored solutions to our clients. We are looking for an exceptional candidate to fill the role and take on the challenge.
No two days at I.G. are ever the same; everyone on our team wears many hats (sometimes at the same time) and with great ambition comes the need for great people. We need multi-talented multitaskers who thrive on working on a diverse and varied slate of work. Our ideal candidate is a person who is:
· Brilliant: You have a demonstrated track record of success, are educated to degree level or equivalent with 4–7 years of related experience within the social good space; that could be as a fundraiser, social entrepreneur, philanthropy advisor or CSR professional.
· A strategic problem solver: Solving problems is at the heart of what we do. Our team are good at diagnosing issues and figuring out how to solve them; it’s a mix of bringing creative, big picture strategic vision, alongside practical solutions.
· Intellectually curious: You have a solid understanding of trends and priorities in fundraising, philanthropy, social investment and corporate impact, and an ability to keep up to date on these.
· A stellar communicator with first class relationship management skills; we are seeking a people person who is “on brand” 100% of the time, with clear and persuasive verbal and written communications. You have native level fluency in English and additional languages are always a plus;
· A perfectionist: you are incredibly efficient and organised, known for your unparalleled attention to detail, and are able to demonstrate responsiveness, reliability and dependability. You love deadlines and know how to prioritise to meet them.
· An independent team player: you are person who will thrive working with a small team in a flexible and fast-paced environment, as well as being an independent self-starter who can manage workload and assignments independently.
· An early adopter of technology who is savvy across many platforms and tools: you need the ability to pick up new technology quickly; our regularly used tools include Xero, Salesforce, Asana, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, social media, and Slack;
· Someone who has demonstrated discretion and ability to handle confidentiality; Experience with high profile individuals or private philanthropic entities is a plus.
· A coffee drinking dog lover: We are a dog friendly workplace and generally highly caffeinated. Tea drinkers welcome too.
· Fresh, dynamic and slightly irreverent: Just like our podcast.
Our advisors work across our charity, corporate and philanthropy clients (often at the same time); this role requires adaptability and flexibility. Main responsibilities will include:
Client Strategic Advice and Relationship Management
· Manage relationships with clients (including individuals, charities, social enterprises, companies and foundations) in a professional manner to provide advice, develop strategies and to implement them;
· Execute client work, which varies but will include research, analysis, facilitation and workshop delivery and strategy development. Strength in all of these areas is required; and
· Lead and manage client teams to deliver exceptional, high quality work.
· Contribute to I.G. Advisors’ products, services, thought leadership and profile by supporting us to innovate and researching a writing thought leadership pieces, blogs and articles;
· Reflect on trends and client feedback to refine and enhance our processes and services;
· Manage internal client teams and line manage junior advisor(s); this includes mentoring and coaching as required;
· Support and contribute to other projects and tasks as required.
· Build a network by representing I.G. at events, conferences, meetings and pitches; and
· Cultivate and close new client relationships.
Salary: Competitive with great benefits and a fully flexible working environment.
We want to make sure we are right for each other, and will take candidates through the following process with us:
· Applications: send your CV, a covering letter or short video explaining why we should hire you, and two writing samples to Emma Nilsson at: email@example.com by 5pm, 17 July.
· First interviews: week of 22 July
· Test Case activity for shortlisted candidates: week of 29 July
· Second interviews for final candidates: week of 5 August
All applicants must be able to work legally in the UK without restriction; we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.