Creative Tutorial #1
Lately I designed a landing page for an online city guide and wanted to use Emoji characters as part of my design. But, I didn’t know how to do it.
So, I had to learn.
Here’s 7 simple steps on how I did it:
- Create a text field in a Photoshop document
- Click on the Language picker menu on the menu bar (that’s for Mac OS, have no idea whatsoever how to do that on Windows)
- Select Show Emoji and Symbols to open the Character Viewer
- Navigate to the Emoji you desire to use and double click on it while the text field in Photoshop is active and ready for input
- You will notice that the emoji goes into the text field but does not appear properly. That is because the font you are using does not support Emoji.
- Change your font to either Apple Color Emoji Regural or EmojiOne Color, whichever you like best.
- 7 Drag and drop your emoji into an Illustrator layer.
You now have your Emoji cut out and ready to use in your designs. No screenshots, no hassle, no worries.
Feedback, comments, requests? Let me know in the comments section.