EH: 5-Minute Workout Routines
There are SO many times I want to skip the gym because I’m too overwhelmed with work or I feel exhausted after a long week, but my motivation lies within the knowledge that any workout is better than no workout! When I feel strapped for time, I shorten my workouts and try and target more than my daily muscle group to get the most out of my time. Here are a few workouts that you can do right from home in only 5 minutes.
- Plank (1 min), jumping jacks (50), step ups (20 each leg), side planks (30 sec each side), lunge jumps (20 each leg)
- Jump rope (1 min), squat jumps (20), mountain climbers (20 each leg), push-ups (15), knee ups (30 sec)
- Squat jumps (20), step ups (25 each leg), jumping jacks (50), bodyweight lunges (15 each leg), bodyweight squats (20), side lunges (10 each leg)
- Push-ups (20), overhead press (use any reasonable object if not dumbbells) (10), T-rotation (10 each side), tricep dips (10), bicep curls (any bar or reasonable object, 10 each side)
- Plank (1 min), side dips (10 each side), jackknife sit ups (15), mountain climbers (30 secs) in-and-outs (20), leg lifts (15)